Sunday 22 March 2015

Butterflies + P is for Patterned Paper

This weeks theme at The Butterfly Challenge is to use patterned paper. I'm in a bit of a CAS phase at the moment but wanted to use up some of my ever expanding snippets too. I've used my large Woodware Bubble Butterfly a lot stamp so treated myself to the set of three smaller ones and it's one of those I've used on my card. I stamped it with pink pearlescent ink. I've used quite a few punches for this including my japanese screw punch to cut the various sized cirlces.


The backing paper behind was also in my snippets pack as I had stamped onto it intending to use it for paper piecing but changed my mind so I cut the corners and the butterfly body from it before matting in on the base card. It turned out too fussy to be CAS but I quite like it. No greeting yet as I'm not sure what I'll be using it for. Lots of snippets used so I'm taking it over to show Miss at Pixie's Crafty Playground too


I'm also entering it into the following challenges:
Cards And More  - Monochrome
That's Crafty - Wings n Things

6 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. The PP circles to form the butterfly body are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! You have used that super butterfly stamp again in another stunning way. I love the idea and love, love the colours. Thankyou for fluttering by my #26. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely grogeous card Kim - the butterfly is just stunning!


    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is very striking and so cleverly done too. Just gorgeous.Andree (Guest Designer Butterfly Challenge #26)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!!! Thanks for joining us at CuM!
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning butterfly and congratulations on being one of the showcased cards in the playground.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete