Tuesday 6 January 2015

It Takes Two at Cuttlebug Mania

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was very quiet but lovely.

So onto our first Cuttlebug Mania challenge of the year  and we would like to see TWO of something on your card. Now my card did not turn out as I'd planned as it was supposed to be a white on white card. I cut the Marianne Design cats from white card and was disappointed because having put them through my Bug a couple of times to get a good cut, the edges were tinged pink - the colour of the die! I gently scrapped it off with a craft knife. I then embossed a piece of card with an embossing folder which was free with Simply Cards and Papercraft. I cut with love with tattered lace dies from white card and when I put it all together it just didn't look right. I decided to stamp the greeting and cut the cats in black. These two came out with a pink tinge which I had to scrape off. I don't think I'll be using this die much although you may be seeing a lot of pink cats in future!



We'd love to see what you come up with for this challenge and don't forget to tell us how you have used your manual die cutting machine

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, what a lovely card but such a shame about the die :-(

    I have that die as well and, although it's pink as you say, the colour doesn't transfer. Sounds like a faulty batch to me and you ought to follow it up.

    Anyhow, I'm off to link into the challenge :-)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous kim.i love the embossing and the silhouette cats are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That EF is fab and your cat card is beautiful.
    Maria~

    ReplyDelete