Monday 20 October 2014

Butterfly Challenge Card

The current challenge the Butterfly Challenge is to use a tag. Last weeks class at Tulip Crafts was Cisioo which is Lacé combined with stitching and I've used one of my pieces as the border on this card. I've been really tempted by the Joy Crafts Fantasy Flowers dies but thought I'd have a go without it so I used a Woodware mini flower punch to make this hydrangea type flower and I'm quite pleased with the result. I was stuck as to what leaves to use and then I remembered these fabric ones


I rescued them from work when they were changing the plants for real ones and these were going to be dumped. As I left work almost 4 years ago they have lasted well. I used a circle of scrap paper and shaped it then loaded it with silicone before sticking to the tag. The flowers are punched from leftover paper from the Cisioo border and I've added pink Stickles to the middles


The imagine sentiment is by Stampin Up although it doesn't show too well in the picture


I'm also taking this over to visit Miss at the Crafty Snippets Playground

7 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this card. The flower is gorgeous and the leaf is superb. I thought it was the real McCoy. Fancy getting rid of it for real ones at work which then require watering! Thankyou for fluttering by #16.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty this is Kim! A great rescue - and I just love the flower head!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. That flower is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty and I love the way you made the hydrangea.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, this pretty little butterfly picked the prettiest flower in the garden! Love those leaves!

    ReplyDelete